- After Surgery
- A nurse will review your discharge instructions with you and your "responsible" person. Our staff will also review general post surgical instructions provided by Lafayette Surgicare, as well as any instructional forms from your surgeon.
- It is helpful to have your caregiver at Lafayette Surgicare so they can learn how to care for you at home.
- A Patient Satisfaction Survey will be given to each patient to help us ensure that we are providing the highest quality of care. We welcome your ideas, comments and suggestions as we constantly strive to improve our services. Please complete and return the survey.Your opinion is important to us.
- Before you leave Lafayette Surgicare, you will be awake enough to go home, but plan to continue resting. You are going home to finish recovery. A nurse will call you at home to see how you are feeling and to answer any questions you may have.
- Your doctor will schedule a follow-up appointment with you.
- REMEMBER, you are the most important person on your health care team.